Cheshire Community Action is a community support charity that specialises in providing services to rural communities. It has been granted funding by Cheshire West & Chester Council to provide free, online mental health first aid and awareness training aimed at helping parents/adults working or living in rural parts of Cheshire West.
This project was borne out of a recognition of the increasing mental health support needs of young people that has been exacerbated by the pandemic. As an organisation with a special interest in rural communities, it is also recognised that mental health support is harder to access in rural areas where there are less locally based services if not, none at all.
If you, would like to participate in free youth mental health training, please complete this link: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YMHTraining (please respond by close on the 7th of April 2022) where people can register their interest in one or both of the following free online training offers:
Youth Mental Health Aware (Free – normally £125) – Next Course May 2022
This introductory three-hour online session raises awareness of young people’s mental health. It covers:
• Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis;
• Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues;
• Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences.
• This is a three-hour course delivered via online video conferencing;
• Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Delegates will receive:
• A certificate to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware;
• A manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it.
Youth Mental Health First Aid (Free – normally £300) – Next Course May 2022
This online course includes four training sessions spread across two weeks and qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
• An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing;
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues;
• Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress;
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening;
• Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate;
• Ability to support a young person with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive;
• Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing.
• This is an online course delivered through the Mental Health Foundation England Online Learning Hub;
• Learning takes place through four live training sessions, spread across two weeks, with self-learning activities in between;
• Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Delegates will receive:
• A certificate of attendance to say you are a Youth Mental Health First Aider;
• A Youth MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it;
• A workbook including some helpful tools to support your own mental health.
We would like your help in promoting this free training opportunity to parents or anyone interested in youth mental health training to visit this link: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YMHTraining and register their interest for a course. Once we have collated responses, we will be in touch with further instructions.
If you have any questions about the training offer, please feel free to contact me on the details below.
Mark Reading, Chief Operating Officer
Tel: 01244 400222
Mental Health First Aid and Awareness – Free Online Training Offer
You are here: Home / Mental Health First Aid and Awareness – Free Online Training Offer / News / Mental Health First Aid and Awareness – Free Online Training Off...
https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1604480132736-44c188fe4d20?ixid=MnwxNzIxMjR8MHwxfGFsbHx8fHx8fHx8fDE2NDgxMTM3NzM&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&fm=jpg&q=85&fit=crop&w=2560&h=1501 1501 2560 Clerk http://lachdennisandlostockgreen.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/logo.png Clerk2022-03-24 09:23:222022-03-24 09:23:22Mental Health First Aid and Awareness - Free Online Training Offer