High Speed Two (HS2) is the new high speed railway for Britain. As part of preparations for HS2, we are investigating ground conditions along the Phase 2b route. The detailed information we get from ground investigations will help us to design and build the railway in the safest and most efficient way. The works are being managed by our contractor Balfour Beatty.
Work at Cookes Lane
An area of land at Cookes Lane has been identified for investigation and work is due to begin shortly.
• These works are separate from the recent application to set up a main compound at Cookes Lane. That compound is now based at Bowdon Roundabout (M56 J8).
• The working hours will be 8.00am to 5.00pm.
• Vehicle movements will be limited to a few cars a day for staff to travel to and from the site.
• No Balfour Beatty vehicles will be parked on Cookes Lane at any time.
• A dedicated Balfour Beatty public liaison officer will be on hand throughout the works to address any concerns.
Further information on the type of work we will be doing can be found at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/hs2-ground-investigations-a-nontechnical-guide.